MLA convicted in kidnap and murder case in Ranchi
Ranchi: A local court today convicted Congress MLA Savna Lakra and three others for killing a youth who was allegedly in a relationship with Lakra`s niece.
Convicting Savna Lakra, his bodyguard Janak Mahato, driver Gopi Kashyap and his associate Dinesh Lakra in the murder of Avinash Tiwari, District and Sessions Judge SS Kazmi fixed May 15 to pronounce the quantum of sentence.
Avinash`s father had filed an FIR of abduction and murder against the representative of Khijri MLA and three others after the bullet-riddled body was recovered in a forest at Karra in the neighbouring Khunti district on April 27, 2011.
Avinash had on April 24 left home in Garhwa district for Ranchi by inter-city train when he went missing.
Savna, who surrendered to the court on May 24 that year after the court issued a non-bailable warrant in connection with the case, was against the love affair between Avinash and his niece and their decision to enter into wedlock.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love