MLA convicted in kidnap and murder case in Ranchi
Ranchi: A local court today convicted Congress MLA Savna Lakra and three others for killing a youth who was allegedly in a relationship with Lakra`s niece.
Convicting Savna Lakra, his bodyguard Janak Mahato, driver Gopi Kashyap and his associate Dinesh Lakra in the murder of Avinash Tiwari, District and Sessions Judge SS Kazmi fixed May 15 to pronounce the quantum of sentence.
Avinash`s father had filed an FIR of abduction and murder against the representative of Khijri MLA and three others after the bullet-riddled body was recovered in a forest at Karra in the neighbouring Khunti district on April 27, 2011.
Avinash had on April 24 left home in Garhwa district for Ranchi by inter-city train when he went missing.
Savna, who surrendered to the court on May 24 that year after the court issued a non-bailable warrant in connection with the case, was against the love affair between Avinash and his niece and their decision to enter into wedlock.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Now, WhatsApp to share your phone number with Facebook
- SHOCKING: Man performing stunt on high tension wire at Mumbai's Mira road station – Watch
- Bank of Baroda's total business takes Rs 90,000-crore hit in 2015-16
- Rupee rebounds 6 paise to 67.05 vs USD
- Sri Lanka vs Australia: Thisara Perera penalised, Mitchell Starc reprimanded for ICC code of conduct breaches