MLA convicted in kidnap and murder case in Ranchi
Ranchi: A local court today convicted Congress MLA Savna Lakra and three others for killing a youth who was allegedly in a relationship with Lakra`s niece.
Convicting Savna Lakra, his bodyguard Janak Mahato, driver Gopi Kashyap and his associate Dinesh Lakra in the murder of Avinash Tiwari, District and Sessions Judge SS Kazmi fixed May 15 to pronounce the quantum of sentence.
Avinash`s father had filed an FIR of abduction and murder against the representative of Khijri MLA and three others after the bullet-riddled body was recovered in a forest at Karra in the neighbouring Khunti district on April 27, 2011.
Avinash had on April 24 left home in Garhwa district for Ranchi by inter-city train when he went missing.
Savna, who surrendered to the court on May 24 that year after the court issued a non-bailable warrant in connection with the case, was against the love affair between Avinash and his niece and their decision to enter into wedlock.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you