MLA get life term for kidnap, murder of niece`s lover
Ranchi: Congress MLA Savna Lakra and three others were on Wednesday awarded life imprisonment by a local court in a case of kidnapping and murder of a youth who was in love with Lakra`s niece.
District and Sessions Judge SS Kazmi had convicted Lakra, his bodyguard Janak Mahato, driver Gopi Kashyap and his associate Dinesh Lakra in the abduction and murder case of Avinash Tiwari on Monday.
Kazmi pronounced the quantum of punishment today.
Avinash, who was in love with Lakra`s niece, had gone missing on way from Garhwa to Ranchi by train on April 24, 2011.
After his bullet-riddled body was recovered from a forest at Karra in Khunti district three days later, Avinash`s father lodged an FIR against the MLA of Khijri and the other three.
Lakra was against the relationship between Avinash and his niece and their decision to marry.
The MLA surrendered to the court on May 24 that year after a non-bailable warrant was issued against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli