MLA risks life by ignoring intelligence report on Maoists in Jharkhand
Latehar (Jharkhand): Ignoring an intelligence alert that there was Maoist movement in the area, BJP MLA Hare Krishna Singh went ahead with a programme in Latehar district`s Pahleya village, but he managed to leave the place just before the arrival of the rebels.
Superintendent of Police Kranti Kumar told reporters that the police had alerted the MLA and his accompanying five security personnel not to go to the place following intelligence reports about Maoist presence.
Singh, however, went to the village accompanied by the security personnel. He just managed to leave the place before a group of 50-60 Maoists came searching for him and his security men, the police officer said quoting the villagers.
The SP said he has recommended suspension of the five police personnel for disobeying the intelligence report.
The Maoists searched the area for about an hour looking for them before leaving the place, villagers told the police.
The police have been on the vigil ever since the rebels had killed 11 security personnel and two civilians on January 8 in Latehar district.
The Maoists have killed two MLAs Mahendra Prasad Singh (CPI-ML-Liberation) and Ramesh Singh Munda (JDU) and JMM MP Sunil Mahato in the state during the last eight years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation