MLA risks life by ignoring intelligence report on Maoists in Jharkhand
Latehar (Jharkhand): Ignoring an intelligence alert that there was Maoist movement in the area, BJP MLA Hare Krishna Singh went ahead with a programme in Latehar district`s Pahleya village, but he managed to leave the place just before the arrival of the rebels.
Superintendent of Police Kranti Kumar told reporters that the police had alerted the MLA and his accompanying five security personnel not to go to the place following intelligence reports about Maoist presence.
Singh, however, went to the village accompanied by the security personnel. He just managed to leave the place before a group of 50-60 Maoists came searching for him and his security men, the police officer said quoting the villagers.
The SP said he has recommended suspension of the five police personnel for disobeying the intelligence report.
The Maoists searched the area for about an hour looking for them before leaving the place, villagers told the police.
The police have been on the vigil ever since the rebels had killed 11 security personnel and two civilians on January 8 in Latehar district.
The Maoists have killed two MLAs Mahendra Prasad Singh (CPI-ML-Liberation) and Ramesh Singh Munda (JDU) and JMM MP Sunil Mahato in the state during the last eight years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...