MLA risks life by ignoring intelligence report on Maoists in Jharkhand
Latehar (Jharkhand): Ignoring an intelligence alert that there was Maoist movement in the area, BJP MLA Hare Krishna Singh went ahead with a programme in Latehar district`s Pahleya village, but he managed to leave the place just before the arrival of the rebels.
Superintendent of Police Kranti Kumar told reporters that the police had alerted the MLA and his accompanying five security personnel not to go to the place following intelligence reports about Maoist presence.
Singh, however, went to the village accompanied by the security personnel. He just managed to leave the place before a group of 50-60 Maoists came searching for him and his security men, the police officer said quoting the villagers.
The SP said he has recommended suspension of the five police personnel for disobeying the intelligence report.
The Maoists searched the area for about an hour looking for them before leaving the place, villagers told the police.
The police have been on the vigil ever since the rebels had killed 11 security personnel and two civilians on January 8 in Latehar district.
The Maoists have killed two MLAs Mahendra Prasad Singh (CPI-ML-Liberation) and Ramesh Singh Munda (JDU) and JMM MP Sunil Mahato in the state during the last eight years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow