MLA risks life by ignoring intelligence report on Maoists in Jharkhand
Latehar (Jharkhand): Ignoring an intelligence alert that there was Maoist movement in the area, BJP MLA Hare Krishna Singh went ahead with a programme in Latehar district`s Pahleya village, but he managed to leave the place just before the arrival of the rebels.
Superintendent of Police Kranti Kumar told reporters that the police had alerted the MLA and his accompanying five security personnel not to go to the place following intelligence reports about Maoist presence.
Singh, however, went to the village accompanied by the security personnel. He just managed to leave the place before a group of 50-60 Maoists came searching for him and his security men, the police officer said quoting the villagers.
The SP said he has recommended suspension of the five police personnel for disobeying the intelligence report.
The Maoists searched the area for about an hour looking for them before leaving the place, villagers told the police.
The police have been on the vigil ever since the rebels had killed 11 security personnel and two civilians on January 8 in Latehar district.
The Maoists have killed two MLAs Mahendra Prasad Singh (CPI-ML-Liberation) and Ramesh Singh Munda (JDU) and JMM MP Sunil Mahato in the state during the last eight years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!