MLA risks life by ignoring intelligence report on Maoists in Jharkhand
Latehar (Jharkhand): Ignoring an intelligence alert that there was Maoist movement in the area, BJP MLA Hare Krishna Singh went ahead with a programme in Latehar district`s Pahleya village, but he managed to leave the place just before the arrival of the rebels.
Superintendent of Police Kranti Kumar told reporters that the police had alerted the MLA and his accompanying five security personnel not to go to the place following intelligence reports about Maoist presence.
Singh, however, went to the village accompanied by the security personnel. He just managed to leave the place before a group of 50-60 Maoists came searching for him and his security men, the police officer said quoting the villagers.
The SP said he has recommended suspension of the five police personnel for disobeying the intelligence report.
The Maoists searched the area for about an hour looking for them before leaving the place, villagers told the police.
The police have been on the vigil ever since the rebels had killed 11 security personnel and two civilians on January 8 in Latehar district.
The Maoists have killed two MLAs Mahendra Prasad Singh (CPI-ML-Liberation) and Ramesh Singh Munda (JDU) and JMM MP Sunil Mahato in the state during the last eight years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you