MLAs absent, Jharkhand Assembly adjourned for an hour
Ranchi: Jharkhand Assembly was on Wednesday adjourned for an hour due to lack of quorum in the House.
When Speaker C P Singh came to the House at 11 AM, only eight ministers were sitting on the treasury bench in the 82 member House, forcing the Speaker to adjourn the Assembly till noon due to shortage of quorum.
According to article 189(3) "until the legislature of the state by law otherwise provide the quorum to constitute a meeting of a House of the legislature of a state shall be 10 members or 1/10th of the total number of member of the legislature of a state".
Eight out of 12 ministers were only present while all the ruling and opposition MLAs were found absent.
Later CPI (ML-Liberation) MLA Vinod Kumar Singh told reporters that both the ruling and opposition legislators did not go to the House to protest against government officials for not releasing MLA`s local area development fund.
The issue was also raised yesterday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump