MLAs absent, Jharkhand Assembly adjourned for an hour
Ranchi: Jharkhand Assembly was on Wednesday adjourned for an hour due to lack of quorum in the House.
When Speaker C P Singh came to the House at 11 AM, only eight ministers were sitting on the treasury bench in the 82 member House, forcing the Speaker to adjourn the Assembly till noon due to shortage of quorum.
According to article 189(3) "until the legislature of the state by law otherwise provide the quorum to constitute a meeting of a House of the legislature of a state shall be 10 members or 1/10th of the total number of member of the legislature of a state".
Eight out of 12 ministers were only present while all the ruling and opposition MLAs were found absent.
Later CPI (ML-Liberation) MLA Vinod Kumar Singh told reporters that both the ruling and opposition legislators did not go to the House to protest against government officials for not releasing MLA`s local area development fund.
The issue was also raised yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'