MLAs absent, Jharkhand Assembly adjourned for an hour
Ranchi: Jharkhand Assembly was on Wednesday adjourned for an hour due to lack of quorum in the House.
When Speaker C P Singh came to the House at 11 AM, only eight ministers were sitting on the treasury bench in the 82 member House, forcing the Speaker to adjourn the Assembly till noon due to shortage of quorum.
According to article 189(3) "until the legislature of the state by law otherwise provide the quorum to constitute a meeting of a House of the legislature of a state shall be 10 members or 1/10th of the total number of member of the legislature of a state".
Eight out of 12 ministers were only present while all the ruling and opposition MLAs were found absent.
Later CPI (ML-Liberation) MLA Vinod Kumar Singh told reporters that both the ruling and opposition legislators did not go to the House to protest against government officials for not releasing MLA`s local area development fund.
The issue was also raised yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog