MLAs facing corruption charges can wash off sin
Ranchi: Three MLAs who faced corruption
charges during their ministerial terms in Jharkhand could
"wash off their sins by giving unconditional support to a new
government" in the state.
"They were in thick of things during a tumultuous period
(from 2005 onwards). Now they have an opportunity to wash off their sins by working in the interest of the people and the
state. I don`t think it is bad, if one seeks to wash-off
their sins. Sin should be hated, not sinners. But they should
come forward with unconditional support," JVM-P president
Babulal Marandi said, when asked if he would seek their
Jharkhand Party`s Enos Ekka and Harinarayan Rai
(Independent) retained their seats while contesting from
judicial custody. They were in jail for last three months in
connection with a disproportionate assets case.
Jharkhand Janadhikar Party leader and former minister
Bandhu Tirkey also retained Mandar seat. Vigilance Department had raided his residence twice and interrogated him in a separate DA case.
While Ekka and Rai were in all the four governments from
2005, Tirkey was in the Madhu Koda and Shibu Soren cabinets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ugly spat in Parliament - Renuka Chowdhury calls Harsimrat Kaur 'Kachra': Know what happened
- Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for rail passengers in less than Rs 2
- India may approach Britain on bringing back Kohinoor
- HILARIOUS! Harbhajan Singh posts EDITED picture of Indian cricketers – Pic inside!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian captain to hit double century in away Test