MLAs take oath in new Jharkhand assembly
Ranchi: Seventy newly elected members of
the 81-member Jharkhand assembly on Monday took oath.
BJP-LP leader Raghuvar Das and AJSU-LP leader Sudesh
Mahto, the two ministers who were sworn in with Chief Minister
Shibu Soren on December 30, were the first two members to take
Soren, who is a Lok Sabha member, was also present.
Former Chief Minister Madhu Koda`s wife, Geeta Koda,
was one of the MLAs who took the oath.
Prominent absentees were Soren`s daughter-in-law Sita
Soren and son Hemant Soren.
Jharkhand Janadhikar Manch MLA Bandhu Tirkey and
Rastriya Kalyan Paksh MLA Chamra Linda, who have given support
to the Soren-led government, were sitting beside the treasury
Pro-tem Teklal Mahto presided.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...