MLAs take oath in new Jharkhand assembly
Ranchi: Seventy newly elected members of
the 81-member Jharkhand assembly on Monday took oath.
BJP-LP leader Raghuvar Das and AJSU-LP leader Sudesh
Mahto, the two ministers who were sworn in with Chief Minister
Shibu Soren on December 30, were the first two members to take
Soren, who is a Lok Sabha member, was also present.
Former Chief Minister Madhu Koda`s wife, Geeta Koda,
was one of the MLAs who took the oath.
Prominent absentees were Soren`s daughter-in-law Sita
Soren and son Hemant Soren.
Jharkhand Janadhikar Manch MLA Bandhu Tirkey and
Rastriya Kalyan Paksh MLA Chamra Linda, who have given support
to the Soren-led government, were sitting beside the treasury
Pro-tem Teklal Mahto presided.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list