MLAs take oath in new Jharkhand assembly
Ranchi: Seventy newly elected members of
the 81-member Jharkhand assembly on Monday took oath.
BJP-LP leader Raghuvar Das and AJSU-LP leader Sudesh
Mahto, the two ministers who were sworn in with Chief Minister
Shibu Soren on December 30, were the first two members to take
Soren, who is a Lok Sabha member, was also present.
Former Chief Minister Madhu Koda`s wife, Geeta Koda,
was one of the MLAs who took the oath.
Prominent absentees were Soren`s daughter-in-law Sita
Soren and son Hemant Soren.
Jharkhand Janadhikar Manch MLA Bandhu Tirkey and
Rastriya Kalyan Paksh MLA Chamra Linda, who have given support
to the Soren-led government, were sitting beside the treasury
Pro-tem Teklal Mahto presided.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic
- WATCH: How Sri Lanka's mystery spinner Lakshan Sandakan left Australia spellbound
- Antibodies that protect against Zika virus in mice identified, claim scientists
- Rio Olympics 2016: India to start with a bang
- Congress puts gag order on partymen, asks them not to make comments inconsistent with party stand