Mobiles, knife seized from Jharkhand jail
Ranchi: Police seized 13 mobile phones, 17 phone chargers, a knife and other banned materials from Garwah district jail during surprise raids Tuesday, said a police official.
"Senior police officials conducted the raid following a tip-off about mobile phones and sharp weapons inside the jail. Apart from the phones, two SIM cards, a knife, a pair of scissors and a baton were also seized from inmates," the police official said.
Over 800 prisoners are lodged in Garwah jail and more than half of them are Maoists.
The raid took place a day after three hardcore Maoists escaped from West Singhbhum district jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials