Mobiles, knife seized from Jharkhand jail
Ranchi: Police seized 13 mobile phones, 17 phone chargers, a knife and other banned materials from Garwah district jail during surprise raids Tuesday, said a police official.
"Senior police officials conducted the raid following a tip-off about mobile phones and sharp weapons inside the jail. Apart from the phones, two SIM cards, a knife, a pair of scissors and a baton were also seized from inmates," the police official said.
Over 800 prisoners are lodged in Garwah jail and more than half of them are Maoists.
The raid took place a day after three hardcore Maoists escaped from West Singhbhum district jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown