Mobiles, knife seized from Jharkhand jail
Ranchi: Police seized 13 mobile phones, 17 phone chargers, a knife and other banned materials from Garwah district jail during surprise raids Tuesday, said a police official.
"Senior police officials conducted the raid following a tip-off about mobile phones and sharp weapons inside the jail. Apart from the phones, two SIM cards, a knife, a pair of scissors and a baton were also seized from inmates," the police official said.
Over 800 prisoners are lodged in Garwah jail and more than half of them are Maoists.
The raid took place a day after three hardcore Maoists escaped from West Singhbhum district jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi