MOH Farook takes oath as Jharkhand Governor
Ranchi: MOH Farook became the seventh Governor of Jharkhand on Friday, less than a month after Shibu Soren took over as the state`s seventh chief minister.
Farook was administered the oath of office and secrecy by Jharkhand High Court Chief Justice Gyan Sudha Mishra at the Raj Bhavan here.
He replaces K Sankaranarayanan, who has been appointed Governor of Maharashtra.
Farook was born at Karaikal in Pondicherry on Sep 6, 1937. He was chief minister of Pondicherry three times and represented it in the Lok Sabha on three occasions. In 2004, he was appointed ambassador to Saudi Arabia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says