MOH Farook takes oath as Jharkhand Governor
Ranchi: MOH Farook became the seventh Governor of Jharkhand on Friday, less than a month after Shibu Soren took over as the state`s seventh chief minister.
Farook was administered the oath of office and secrecy by Jharkhand High Court Chief Justice Gyan Sudha Mishra at the Raj Bhavan here.
He replaces K Sankaranarayanan, who has been appointed Governor of Maharashtra.
Farook was born at Karaikal in Pondicherry on Sep 6, 1937. He was chief minister of Pondicherry three times and represented it in the Lok Sabha on three occasions. In 2004, he was appointed ambassador to Saudi Arabia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?
- IRS website hacked by suspected Pakistani hackers, messages like 'Pakistan Zindabad' posted