`Money in fix-deposit for newborn girl in BPL family`
Jamshedpur: With an eye to encourage girls` education in BPL households, the Jharkhand government will ensure money be fix-deposited in the name of the new-born female child of such families, Chief Minister Arjun Munda has announced.
The government will put Rs 5,000 each in fixed deposit scheme in the name of the new-born girl child from the BPL family, Munda said yesterday at a function in his home constituency Kharswan under Saraikela-Kharswan district.
With a similar amount deposited for six years, the Rs. 30,000 amount, accrued in the period, will go up to Rs 1.6 lakh as the girl reaches the XIIth standard in school ensuring she continued her study, he said.
Munda, who was addressing the gathering at a loan distribution fair, said the move was aimed at encouraging girls continue their studies as well as to lighten up parent`s educational expense burden.
The amount would also help parents to bear their daughter`s marriage expenses.
The Chief Minister also distributed Rs 16.64 crore among beneficiaries and announced that the amount of most successful state government scheme `Kanyadan Yojna` has been increased from the existing Rs 10,000 to Rs 15,000.
Later, a camp office of the chief minister, to address problems of the people of the constituency, was inaugurated by Munda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday