Money-laundering-case: Charge sheet filed against Bastawade
Ranchi: Enforcement Directorate on Saturday filed a charge sheet against businessman Anil Bastawade, an alleged aide of former Jharkhand Chief Minister Madhu Koda, accusing him of laundering Rs 4.93 crore.
The court of R K Choudhary took cognisance of the charge sheet.
The ED informed the court that the amount it had filed in the charge sheet excluded Bastawade`s alleged funds in five foreign countries where investigations were on.
A supplementary charge sheet would be filed as soon as the investigations were completed, ED counsel S R Das told the court.
Bastawade was arrested and brought to Delhi from Jakarta on January 28 and produced before the PMLA court on January 30. He is in judicial custody now.
Koda is also in judicial custody from November 30, 2009 in several cases, including the money laundering case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok