Money-laundering-case: Charge sheet filed against Bastawade
Ranchi: Enforcement Directorate on Saturday filed a charge sheet against businessman Anil Bastawade, an alleged aide of former Jharkhand Chief Minister Madhu Koda, accusing him of laundering Rs 4.93 crore.
The court of R K Choudhary took cognisance of the charge sheet.
The ED informed the court that the amount it had filed in the charge sheet excluded Bastawade`s alleged funds in five foreign countries where investigations were on.
A supplementary charge sheet would be filed as soon as the investigations were completed, ED counsel S R Das told the court.
Bastawade was arrested and brought to Delhi from Jakarta on January 28 and produced before the PMLA court on January 30. He is in judicial custody now.
Koda is also in judicial custody from November 30, 2009 in several cases, including the money laundering case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH