Money seized from RS candidate`s brother
Ranchi: Over Rs 2 crore was on Friday seized allegedly from a car owned by the younger brother of an independent Rajya Sabha candidate, after which the
Election Commission ordered that vote count be stopped till a probe was completed into the seizure.
"The cash was seized near Rampur haat under Namkum
police station between 6.30 AM and 7 AM from the car," Income
Tax department`s Jharkhand Director Ajay Kumar said.
"The car belongs to Suresh Agarwal, younger brother of
(independent RS candidate) R K Agarwal while the cash came
from his relative Praskash Khemani`s place at Jamshedpur," he
R K Agarwal is one of the independent candidates for
the Rajya Sabha elections for two seats in Jharkhand which
were scheduled today.
Following interrogation of Suresh Agarwal and another
person, Kumar said it was allegedly revealed that the cash had
come from Khemani`s place.
"Prakash Khemani is related to R K Agarwal. We have
launched raids in his place," Kumar said.
He said some names of legislators were also found in
the vehicle`s car.
The Election Commission in Delhi ordered that counting of
votes in Jharkhand be not taken up till a probe is done to
asertain if the money seized was in any way linked to R K
Agarwal, EC sources in Delhi said.
K K Prasad, Returning Officer of Jharkhand RS poll, said
"we are yet to get any order from Delhi to start vote
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...