Monsoon reaches Jharkhand
Ranchi: Monsoon has arrived in Jharkhand and would cover the entire state in the next two days, a weather official said on Tuesday.
"Monsoon has entered Jharkhand and its northern limit has touched Ranchi. Till now five to six districts have witnessed arrival of monsoon. In next 48 hours, the entire state will witness arrival of monsoon," Jharkhand met department director GK Mohanty told a news agency.
"The initial indications of monsoon arrival are good and the state is likely to get good rainfall in next four to five days," he added.
Ranchi, Khuti, Simdega and some other districts witnessed rainfall Monday. Ranchi witnessed 10 to 15 mm rainfall on Tuesday.
Asked about the rainfall in the entire monsoon period, Mohanty said: "Right now, we cannot forecast about the whole monsoon season, but the initial indications are good."
The state saw good rainfall in the last two monsoon seasons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH