Monsoon reaches Jharkhand
Ranchi: Monsoon has arrived in Jharkhand and would cover the entire state in the next two days, a weather official said on Tuesday.
"Monsoon has entered Jharkhand and its northern limit has touched Ranchi. Till now five to six districts have witnessed arrival of monsoon. In next 48 hours, the entire state will witness arrival of monsoon," Jharkhand met department director GK Mohanty told a news agency.
"The initial indications of monsoon arrival are good and the state is likely to get good rainfall in next four to five days," he added.
Ranchi, Khuti, Simdega and some other districts witnessed rainfall Monday. Ranchi witnessed 10 to 15 mm rainfall on Tuesday.
Asked about the rainfall in the entire monsoon period, Mohanty said: "Right now, we cannot forecast about the whole monsoon season, but the initial indications are good."
The state saw good rainfall in the last two monsoon seasons.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'