Mother, daughter run over by train in Jamshedpur
Jamshedpur: A woman and her two-year-old daughter were run over and killed by a passenger train in Adityapur in adjoining Seraikela-Kharswan district on Wednesday.
The identity of the victims was not yet established but the bodies were recovered and sent for post-mortem, Government Railway Police (GRP) sources said.
The incident occurred when the 30-year-old woman alongwith her child was crossing the track, sources said.
In another incident, a motorcyclist was crushed to death under the wheels of a dumper near Gadabasa in the Steel city of Jamshedpur in the morning.
The driver of the speeding dumper lost control over the vehicle and hit the motorcyclist fatally, police sources said adding that identity of the victim could not be ascertained as yet.
Meanwhile, angry over the incident a mob put up road bloackade on Gadabasa-Station road for sometime demanding arrest of the driver of the dumper and adequate compensation to the victim’s family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter