Mother, daughter run over by train in Jamshedpur
Jamshedpur: A woman and her two-year-old daughter were run over and killed by a passenger train in Adityapur in adjoining Seraikela-Kharswan district on Wednesday.
The identity of the victims was not yet established but the bodies were recovered and sent for post-mortem, Government Railway Police (GRP) sources said.
The incident occurred when the 30-year-old woman alongwith her child was crossing the track, sources said.
In another incident, a motorcyclist was crushed to death under the wheels of a dumper near Gadabasa in the Steel city of Jamshedpur in the morning.
The driver of the speeding dumper lost control over the vehicle and hit the motorcyclist fatally, police sources said adding that identity of the victim could not be ascertained as yet.
Meanwhile, angry over the incident a mob put up road bloackade on Gadabasa-Station road for sometime demanding arrest of the driver of the dumper and adequate compensation to the victim’s family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!