Mother, daughter run over by train in Jamshedpur
Jamshedpur: A woman and her two-year-old daughter were run over and killed by a passenger train in Adityapur in adjoining Seraikela-Kharswan district on Wednesday.
The identity of the victims was not yet established but the bodies were recovered and sent for post-mortem, Government Railway Police (GRP) sources said.
The incident occurred when the 30-year-old woman alongwith her child was crossing the track, sources said.
In another incident, a motorcyclist was crushed to death under the wheels of a dumper near Gadabasa in the Steel city of Jamshedpur in the morning.
The driver of the speeding dumper lost control over the vehicle and hit the motorcyclist fatally, police sources said adding that identity of the victim could not be ascertained as yet.
Meanwhile, angry over the incident a mob put up road bloackade on Gadabasa-Station road for sometime demanding arrest of the driver of the dumper and adequate compensation to the victim’s family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you