Mother, daughter run over by train in Jamshedpur
Jamshedpur: A woman and her two-year-old daughter were run over and killed by a passenger train in Adityapur in adjoining Seraikela-Kharswan district on Wednesday.
The identity of the victims was not yet established but the bodies were recovered and sent for post-mortem, Government Railway Police (GRP) sources said.
The incident occurred when the 30-year-old woman alongwith her child was crossing the track, sources said.
In another incident, a motorcyclist was crushed to death under the wheels of a dumper near Gadabasa in the Steel city of Jamshedpur in the morning.
The driver of the speeding dumper lost control over the vehicle and hit the motorcyclist fatally, police sources said adding that identity of the victim could not be ascertained as yet.
Meanwhile, angry over the incident a mob put up road bloackade on Gadabasa-Station road for sometime demanding arrest of the driver of the dumper and adequate compensation to the victim’s family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Aussie legend Craig McDermott hails Ishant Sharma as a real workhorse
- Spain seeks `urgent` answers from London after nuclear sub collision
- Tinder rolls out its new feature in India
- Transgenders to soon be categorised as 'third gender', can change gender after sex-change surgery
- 'Don't abandon search', MH370 families plead