Munda asks party workers to be ready for early polls
Jamshedpur: Former Jharkhand chief minister Arjun Munda on Friday said there was every possibility of general election taking place before UPA government completes its term at the Centre.
Addressing a meeting of party workers in his home constituency at Kharswan in Seraikela-Kharswan district, Munda called on the party workers to be prepared as the general election may take place by year end.
"We have to be prepared to face the election as there is every possibility of Lok Sabha and assembly election in Jharkhand taking place simultaneously," Munda told party workers.
He urged the party workers and leaders to visit rural belts and highlight the dismal performance of the UPA to ensure that the next government at the Centre be formed by the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!