Munda calls upon tribals to be aware of rights
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun
Munda on Sunday called upon the tribals and weaker sections of the
society to be aware to get benefit of the welfare schemes
launched by the state government while ensuring that his
government would focus to promote agriculture sector.
Addressing as chief guest at the Adivasi Maha Sammelan,
organized by the BJP (Schedule Tribe cell) East Singhbhum
district committee, at Agrico ground here, Munda said the
state government was seriously working to achieve all round
development and ensure that the poor tribals and weaker
sections living in remote areas should also get the benefits
whether it was education sector, health as well as to protect
their constitutional and fundamental rights.
However, the goal of all round development would not
possible unless we bring those deprived sections into the
mainstream of the society, he said adding that innocent
tribals, who had raged war against Britishers several times to
protect their "Jal, Jungle, Jameen" (Water, Forest and Land),
were today leading a miserable life due to failure of the
successive government to protect their rights.
You will have to be literate, aware about your
constitutional and fundamental rights, he advised while
calling on them to be united to take advantage of the schemes.
The chief minister admitted all round development was
possible only with the involvement of people.
We have a record paddy crop production and the state
government has paid support price for the first time to
procure one lakh metric tones till yesterday, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog