Munda cautions allies over JMM`s claims
Ramgarh: Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda Friday sent out a veiled caution to ruling allies on how the state endured President`s rule in the face of Jharkhand Mukti Morcha`s claims of a seat sharing formula with the BJP.
"Once there was an attempt to hijack democracy, and then an Independent MLA was entrusted with the reins. There was also President`s rule in the state," Munda said without taking anyone`s name.
His veiled warning comes in the background of JMM supremo Shibu Soren claiming that the two ruling allies had a purported deal of sharing power, with the BJP vehemently denying of any such deal.
Addressing a rally in Ramgarh near Ranchi, Munda said BJP is a disciplined party and goes by its ideology, policies and tradition throughout the country.
Taking a dig at regional parties in the state, Munda said while slogans of BJP are nationalistic, the regional parties cheer their individual leader during rallies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 92 seats, BJP ahead in 73; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway