Munda confident as JMM mounts pressure on `power sharing`
Ranchi: As the issue of power sharing formula between two ruling allies in Jharkhand gained momentum, Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Wednesday said there was no `question mark` on his government`s stability.
"There is no question mark on the stability of the government. Whatever issues are there should be raised in the Coordination Committee of the coalition government," Munda, who went to attend the swearing in ceremony of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, told PTI over phone.
Reacting to media reports saying the JMM had served an ultimatum to his government on a power sharing formula that the ruling allies purportedly struck before forming the government, he said, "All the issues will be discussed in the coordination committee meeting tentatively scheduled on December 29."
JMM supremo Shibu Soren, however, stood firm on his claim that a power sharing formula with the BJP had been struck before Munda took over the reins in September, 2010. "There was an agreement to share power for 28 months each," Soren told reporters here.
He denied having knowledge of the tentative date of December 29 for the Coordination Committee meeting, of which he is the chairman.
Munda said his deputy Hemant Soren yesterday met him and gave a letter comprising certain issues in which the latter had mentioned about the power sharing formula.
Hemant today refused to interact with the media after delivering his letter to Munda.
The JMM has issued a press release on convening of two meetings of the party on January 6 and 10 to "discuss and take a decision" on the `prevailing political situation".
On September 10, 2010, a day before Munda was sworn in, JMM supremo Shibu Soren had on his return from Delhi told media that there was a power sharing formula. He revived the demand in May this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy