Munda confident as JMM mounts pressure on `power sharing`
Ranchi: As the issue of power sharing formula between two ruling allies in Jharkhand gained momentum, Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Wednesday said there was no `question mark` on his government`s stability.
"There is no question mark on the stability of the government. Whatever issues are there should be raised in the Coordination Committee of the coalition government," Munda, who went to attend the swearing in ceremony of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, told PTI over phone.
Reacting to media reports saying the JMM had served an ultimatum to his government on a power sharing formula that the ruling allies purportedly struck before forming the government, he said, "All the issues will be discussed in the coordination committee meeting tentatively scheduled on December 29."
JMM supremo Shibu Soren, however, stood firm on his claim that a power sharing formula with the BJP had been struck before Munda took over the reins in September, 2010. "There was an agreement to share power for 28 months each," Soren told reporters here.
He denied having knowledge of the tentative date of December 29 for the Coordination Committee meeting, of which he is the chairman.
Munda said his deputy Hemant Soren yesterday met him and gave a letter comprising certain issues in which the latter had mentioned about the power sharing formula.
Hemant today refused to interact with the media after delivering his letter to Munda.
The JMM has issued a press release on convening of two meetings of the party on January 6 and 10 to "discuss and take a decision" on the `prevailing political situation".
On September 10, 2010, a day before Munda was sworn in, JMM supremo Shibu Soren had on his return from Delhi told media that there was a power sharing formula. He revived the demand in May this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!