Munda confident as JMM mounts pressure on `power sharing`
Ranchi: As the issue of power sharing formula between two ruling allies in Jharkhand gained momentum, Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Wednesday said there was no `question mark` on his government`s stability.
"There is no question mark on the stability of the government. Whatever issues are there should be raised in the Coordination Committee of the coalition government," Munda, who went to attend the swearing in ceremony of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, told PTI over phone.
Reacting to media reports saying the JMM had served an ultimatum to his government on a power sharing formula that the ruling allies purportedly struck before forming the government, he said, "All the issues will be discussed in the coordination committee meeting tentatively scheduled on December 29."
JMM supremo Shibu Soren, however, stood firm on his claim that a power sharing formula with the BJP had been struck before Munda took over the reins in September, 2010. "There was an agreement to share power for 28 months each," Soren told reporters here.
He denied having knowledge of the tentative date of December 29 for the Coordination Committee meeting, of which he is the chairman.
Munda said his deputy Hemant Soren yesterday met him and gave a letter comprising certain issues in which the latter had mentioned about the power sharing formula.
Hemant today refused to interact with the media after delivering his letter to Munda.
The JMM has issued a press release on convening of two meetings of the party on January 6 and 10 to "discuss and take a decision" on the `prevailing political situation".
On September 10, 2010, a day before Munda was sworn in, JMM supremo Shibu Soren had on his return from Delhi told media that there was a power sharing formula. He revived the demand in May this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie