Munda counts decisions of President`s rule as his own: Cong
Ranchi: The Congress on Wednesday accused Jharkhand
Chief Minister Arjun Munda of hijacking the decisions, which
had been taken when the state was under the President`s rule,
and projecting them as its own with an aim to take credit on
his coalition government`s completion of 100 days.
"Be it panchayat polls or the 1064-crore Gobindpur-
Sahebganj road project or electronic banking service -- all
these decisions were taken during President`s rule in June and
July," claimed a Congress press release here.
"On July 16," the release claimed, "Jharkhand and the
Asian Development Bank had inked a loan agreement for the road
project, which can be accessed on the government`s website."
But the chief minister sought to count those as the
coalition`s achievement during its 100 days of governance,
Munda, who had on December 20 completed 100 days in
office, yesterday gave a list of programmes and schemes that
his BJP/JMM/Ajsu coalition had put in place during the short
The Panchayat elections had to be conducted following
a court`s directive, the release said, reacting to Munda`s
claim that the ongoing election for the rural bodies was one
of the important achievements of the coalition.
"All formalities to implement the 6th Pay Commission
for the teachers of university had been completed during the
President`s rule. Unfortunately, the Munda government has not
implemented in its 100 days reign," the release said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know