Munda criticises Jharkhand administration under Prez rule
Jamshedpur: Former Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Thursday said the state administration under President`s rule seemed to have diverted from its objectivity and trying to project itself through advertisements as though it was a government elected by the people.
Referring to the advertisements being issued by the state administration in newspapers, Munda said President`s rule was only an arrangement to ensure law and order and carrying out development works.
The arrangement was a time frame till a popular government was formed in the state, he said alleging that law and order has deteriorated during the President`s rule as two persons were killed and several injured in separate police firings in Garwah, Patratu and Chatra.
The senior BJP leader demanded that Governor Syed Ahmed allow a week time to any party or alliance staking claim to form a government or recommend fresh election.
He also alleged that development works seemed to have taken a back seat under President`s rule as several projects including construction of a flyover in Ranchi, Ranchi-Bokaro-Dhanbad express way and setting up by-pass roads in nine cities and towns, which was approved by his government in principal, has not been taken up.
Besides, no progress was made for construction of 3000 km new state highway as decided by his government.
Munda was chief minister of Jharkhand till January 9 when he resigned in the wake of coalition partner JMM withdrawing support to the 28-month-old government pushing it into a minority.
On January 18, President`s rule was imposed on the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read