Munda criticises Jharkhand administration under Prez rule
Jamshedpur: Former Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Thursday said the state administration under President`s rule seemed to have diverted from its objectivity and trying to project itself through advertisements as though it was a government elected by the people.
Referring to the advertisements being issued by the state administration in newspapers, Munda said President`s rule was only an arrangement to ensure law and order and carrying out development works.
The arrangement was a time frame till a popular government was formed in the state, he said alleging that law and order has deteriorated during the President`s rule as two persons were killed and several injured in separate police firings in Garwah, Patratu and Chatra.
The senior BJP leader demanded that Governor Syed Ahmed allow a week time to any party or alliance staking claim to form a government or recommend fresh election.
He also alleged that development works seemed to have taken a back seat under President`s rule as several projects including construction of a flyover in Ranchi, Ranchi-Bokaro-Dhanbad express way and setting up by-pass roads in nine cities and towns, which was approved by his government in principal, has not been taken up.
Besides, no progress was made for construction of 3000 km new state highway as decided by his government.
Munda was chief minister of Jharkhand till January 9 when he resigned in the wake of coalition partner JMM withdrawing support to the 28-month-old government pushing it into a minority.
On January 18, President`s rule was imposed on the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez