Munda hopeful for early dialogue with PC on NCTC
Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Wednesday said he was hopeful that the Ministry of Home Affairs would initiate an early dialogue to address concerns expressed by him and 12 other chief ministers on setting up of the National Counter Terrorism Centre (NCTC).
Appreciating Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s reply to his letter expressing concern on NCTC, Munda said in statement that he expected that the Centre would initiate a comprehensive dialogue on NCTC and reach to a conclusion at the earliest.
Opposing NCTC in a letter to the prime minister recently, Munda had said there should not be any attempt in influencing the constitutional framework from "behind bureaus like NCTC".
In his reply to Munda and other chief ministers, the Prime Minister said he would ask Union Home Minister P Chidambaram to discuss the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Electric transport policy on anvil for hilly terrains
- We bet you will find it uber-tough to correct these sentences!
- PM Narendra Modi to launch solar-powered e-boats on River Ganga in Varanasi
- 'DMK chief Karuna's sole aim to woo youth to see family rule continues'
- Why US President Barack Obama mocked Donald Trump at final correspondents' dinner