Munda questions genuineness of JMM`S wishlist
Ranchi: Jharkhand’s caretaker Chief Minister Arjun Munda Friday doubted the credential of his former ally JMM’s Christmas Day list that pulled down the BJP government on January 8 and said it could have been an excuse to create instability.
“Was the list of demands (given by the JMM) genuine or there had been any other point behind it? Munda said at a press conference here.
Munda, who had resigned as chief minister on January 8, believed that had the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha’s seven-point list of demands given to him on December 25 by its leader Hemant Soren been genuine, further discussions could have been possible.
Hemant Soren, who was Munda’s deputy when he handed over the list, asked him to clear his stand on the purported agreement between JMM/BJP to share power on rotation basis, Chhotanagpur/Santhal Pargana Tenancy Acts, domicile policy, status of nine regional/tribal languages, government aid to participants of Jharkhand movement,rehabilitation/resettlement policy and financial aid to Madarsas.
Giving point-wise reply to the JMM on January 3, Munda had bluntly rejected that there was any agreement on sharing power between the two former allies.
‘If these were the only issues, further discussions could have happened? I don’t think the instability was created on the basis of these particular demands,? claimed Munda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced