Munda quotes Amartya Sen, promises food security
Ranchi: Jharkhand government has taken initiatives to provide food security and a dignified life to every citizen, Chief Minister Arjun Munda said after unfurling the National flag to mark the Independence Day here.
"Economist Amartya Sen has said if a person has money to purchase, that person could not be hungry. Keeping this in mind, we are taking food security measures," Munda said.
The government was providing 35 kg rice at Re one to BPL families and 35 kg rice free of cost to primitive tribes, besides spending Rs 409 crore and creating 207 lakh man hours under MGNREGA this fiscal.
About 40 lakh children were being benefited from midday meals, free of cost books and scholarship, he said.
Saying that the government was trying to bring back the `misguided youth` back to the mainstream through a new surrender policy, Munda said 40 assault groups have been set up under `Jharkhand Jaguar`, a special task force, to take on left wing extremism.
To effectively control extremism, he said, four Counter Insurgency and Anti-terrorist School were formed and digital mapping was under way in every district of the state.
An Aviation Wing has also been set up and the reward money for arresting Naxalites increased, he added.
Stating that the state recorded a growth of 12.08 per cent in 2011-12, Munda said Jharkhand emerged first in the country in food production last year.
Munda said the age belonged to the youth and his government has embarked upon setting up education hub, technical education hub and skill development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of PM Modi-led government's promise of good days- Part III
- DNA: Analysis of why every third ATM in India is not working
- DNA: Analysis of why every third ATM in India is not working- Part II
- DNA: Today in History | May 26, 2016
- Bread manufacturers to stop using potassium bromate in products
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron