Munda rejects JMM`s claim of rotational power sharing
Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Thursday said he had in writing rejected major ally JMM’s claim that there was a purported power sharing deal between the BJP and the JMM and that the latter has to take a decision keeping stability of the government in mind.
“The issue (power sharing deal) which they (JMM) have raised had not been placed (during formation of government,” Munda told a press conference here without naming Jharkhand Mukti Morcha.
He was replying to a media query as to what he had replied on the JMM?s claim of 28-month-each-side power sharing formula.
“I have given point-wise replies to the issues raised through a letter by the ally (JMM) and given to me by the party’s legislature leader (Hemant Soren)", he said.
“And I believe they will discuss on it, keeping the coalition’s effort in providing a stable government for the last two years and will continue in the future too,? he said and expected that the coalition parties would keep Jharkhand’s interest in mind while taking a decision on his reply.
Soren had on Christmas Day submitted to the chief minister a list of certain issues, including clearing Munda’s stand on the purported rotational power sharing for 28 months each.
The JMM has convened two meetings on January 6 and January 10 to discuss the prevailing political situation and take a final decision on it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!