Munda slams Soren for blaming BJP for power crisis
Ranchi: Former Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Wednesday asked Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren how he could accuse the BJP of being responsible for power crisis in the when the previous regimes never had said the state would commission power plants.
"The (previous) governments had never said the state would set up plants. It was the people (companies) who were suppose to commission plants and the state would have helped in augmentation in transmission," Munda said.
Responding to Soren`s allegations that it was only the BJP which was responsible for the present power crisis as it "failed" to add a single unit even after signing several MoUs in the energy sector, Munda asked why the JMM-led government was unable to control loss of 100 MW.
"Out of an available 800 MW, only 700 MW is being generated, incurring a loss of 100 MW. Besides, faulty and burnt up transformers adding to the problem," added the senior BJP leader, who was the chief minister thrice.
He claimed "During our period we had electrified about 24,000 villages (out of over 32,600 villages) ... There is problem in the distribution system."
The BJP is protesting against shortage of power in the state with its senior leader Yashwant Sinha in judicial custody from June 3 in connection with the alleged assault of General Manager of JSEB`s Hazaribagh branch Dhanesh Jha on June 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India