Munda suggests stronger democratic system to help Gen-next
Ranchi: Jharkhand CM Arjun Munda Thursday called upon all to strengthen the democratic system so that the Gen-next would get a stronger system.
Stressing on the importance of a stronger and value-based democratic system, Munda said in the state assembly that debates in the house should be based on democratic values.
"When one speaks on democracy the spirit should not confine just to the present system but also footsteps to take forward the values," Munda said.
He said the basic condition of democracy was to handover a stronger base to the next generation, who would take over the responsibility.
Otherwise it could face difficulties.
Munda?s reference on the democratic values comes in the background of the opposition stalling the monsoon session for two consecutive days before participating in the debate today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Supreme Court to examine Muslim personal law
- More than Sourav Ganguly's absence, Ravi Shastri is upset with rejection: Sanjay Manjrekar
- Malegaon blasts case: Narendra Modi government should sack NIA chief, demands Congress
- Another blow to YS Jaganmohan Reddy, ED attaches assets worth Rs 749.10 crore
- Toyota recalls 3.37 million cars over airbag, emissions control issues