Munda suggests stronger democratic system to help Gen-next
Ranchi: Jharkhand CM Arjun Munda Thursday called upon all to strengthen the democratic system so that the Gen-next would get a stronger system.
Stressing on the importance of a stronger and value-based democratic system, Munda said in the state assembly that debates in the house should be based on democratic values.
"When one speaks on democracy the spirit should not confine just to the present system but also footsteps to take forward the values," Munda said.
He said the basic condition of democracy was to handover a stronger base to the next generation, who would take over the responsibility.
Otherwise it could face difficulties.
Munda?s reference on the democratic values comes in the background of the opposition stalling the monsoon session for two consecutive days before participating in the debate today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'