Munda takes semi-solid food, thanks people
Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda, recuperating in hospital after a helicopter mishap, on Thursday thanked the people for wishing him speedy recovery.
"The chief minister told the attending doctors that prayers of the people have boosted his confidence. He expressed thanks to them," an official release said here.
Munda was given semi-solid food during the day while pain in his waist and ankle has lessened, a medical bulletin quoting neuro-surgeon Dr Sanjay Kumar said.
The chief minister, his wife, two pilots, an MLA and a security officer had suffered injuries after their helicopter crash-landed yesterday.
The condition of his wife, Meera, has also improved as wheel chair was used to move her in the ward while Munda`s security officer Manoj Singh`s pain in Lumber Vertibra, has lessened.
The condition of two pilots, J P S Kaushik and Vipul Kumar Singh, who suffered fractures in their waist, was also stable.
BJP MLA Barkuanr Gagrai`s pain in his waist has improved and could be discharged tomorrow, the bulletin said.
Vice President Hamid Ansari, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee and several other dignitaries enquired about Munda`s health and wished him speedy recovery.
Munda also congratulated girl students of the state for their fine performance in the matriculation examinations as they occupied six spots in the top ten list.
"The matriculation results are good. The students should work harder to accomplish better results," the release quoting him said.
It was all the more satisfying with six girls emerging in the list of top ten successful students and 11 in the top 15 list as Jharkhand is celebrating `Year for Girl Child`, Munda said.
Results for the tenth class was declared during the day with pass figure registering at 67.35 per cent, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Islamic State selling sex slaves on Facebook for $8,000
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report