Munda takes semi-solid food, thanks people
Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda, recuperating in hospital after a helicopter mishap, on Thursday thanked the people for wishing him speedy recovery.
"The chief minister told the attending doctors that prayers of the people have boosted his confidence. He expressed thanks to them," an official release said here.
Munda was given semi-solid food during the day while pain in his waist and ankle has lessened, a medical bulletin quoting neuro-surgeon Dr Sanjay Kumar said.
The chief minister, his wife, two pilots, an MLA and a security officer had suffered injuries after their helicopter crash-landed yesterday.
The condition of his wife, Meera, has also improved as wheel chair was used to move her in the ward while Munda`s security officer Manoj Singh`s pain in Lumber Vertibra, has lessened.
The condition of two pilots, J P S Kaushik and Vipul Kumar Singh, who suffered fractures in their waist, was also stable.
BJP MLA Barkuanr Gagrai`s pain in his waist has improved and could be discharged tomorrow, the bulletin said.
Vice President Hamid Ansari, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee and several other dignitaries enquired about Munda`s health and wished him speedy recovery.
Munda also congratulated girl students of the state for their fine performance in the matriculation examinations as they occupied six spots in the top ten list.
"The matriculation results are good. The students should work harder to accomplish better results," the release quoting him said.
It was all the more satisfying with six girls emerging in the list of top ten successful students and 11 in the top 15 list as Jharkhand is celebrating `Year for Girl Child`, Munda said.
Results for the tenth class was declared during the day with pass figure registering at 67.35 per cent, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?