Munda unhappy over leaking of Chidamabaram`s lette
Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Thursday expressed unhappiness over the leaking of a letter by union Home Minister P Chidambaram to him over the Maoist issue in the state.
Pointing at the ineffectiveness of the anti-Maoist operation and rise in Maoist incidents last year, Chidambaram had reportedly said in the letter that "the state was slipping". He said that Maoists held 53 Jan Adalats in 2011 in comparison to 25 in 2010.
"It seems that the letter was leaked to a media house on the same day in a planned way. Some Maoist incidents have taken place and the state government is doing its best to fight the Maoist menace," Munda told reporters here.
In the last three months, over 30 security personnel have been killed by the Maoists in Jharkhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves