Munda unhappy over leaking of Chidamabaram`s lette
Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Thursday expressed unhappiness over the leaking of a letter by union Home Minister P Chidambaram to him over the Maoist issue in the state.
Pointing at the ineffectiveness of the anti-Maoist operation and rise in Maoist incidents last year, Chidambaram had reportedly said in the letter that "the state was slipping". He said that Maoists held 53 Jan Adalats in 2011 in comparison to 25 in 2010.
"It seems that the letter was leaked to a media house on the same day in a planned way. Some Maoist incidents have taken place and the state government is doing its best to fight the Maoist menace," Munda told reporters here.
In the last three months, over 30 security personnel have been killed by the Maoists in Jharkhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal