Munda unhappy over leaking of Chidamabaram`s lette
Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Thursday expressed unhappiness over the leaking of a letter by union Home Minister P Chidambaram to him over the Maoist issue in the state.
Pointing at the ineffectiveness of the anti-Maoist operation and rise in Maoist incidents last year, Chidambaram had reportedly said in the letter that "the state was slipping". He said that Maoists held 53 Jan Adalats in 2011 in comparison to 25 in 2010.
"It seems that the letter was leaked to a media house on the same day in a planned way. Some Maoist incidents have taken place and the state government is doing its best to fight the Maoist menace," Munda told reporters here.
In the last three months, over 30 security personnel have been killed by the Maoists in Jharkhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt