Munda urges Centre to fix rates for iron ore
Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun
Munda Monday said his government had urged the Centre to fix rates for iron ore through the National Mineral Development
Corporation (NMDC) so that ore could be given to companies in the state.
"There is a provision of coal linkages (to allot
companies), but there is no such provision for iron ore. I
have written a letter to the prime minister to fix a rate by
NMDC for iron ore (as well), so that iron ore can be given to
units within the state," Munda informed the House.
He was replying to a query by Jharkhand Vikas Morcha
(Prajatantric) MLA Nirbhay Singh Sahabadi who raised
difficulties being faced by companies due to shortage of raw
materials in the face of economic downturn.
To another query raised by RJD MLA Annapurna Devi,
Munda said discussions were on with the Centre and Planning
Commission with regard to bringing in a `Right to Health Bill`
to provide health facilities in the state.
Responding to queries during chief minister`s question
hour in the House, Munda also suggested the House to pass a
resolution urging the Centre to form a National Commission on
Enrolment of BPL families to keep the state free from
disputes, pertaining deletion and addition of any family in
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev