Munda works from ICU, legislator discharged
Ranchi: A day after he suffered multiple injuries in a chopper crash, Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Friday resumed official work from his hospital bed, officials said.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislator Barkuwar Gagarai, who was with Munda in the helicopter and was also injured, was meanwhile discharged.
"Munda started limited official work Friday. He is recovering well," P.D. Sinha of Ranchi Apollo Hospital told reporters.
"Gagari has been discharged," he added.
Sinha said more medical reports of Munda and the others who were injured will be sent to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences.
"The line of treatment suggested by AIIMS doctors are similar to our line of treatment," he said.
Munda is likely to be shifted from the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) to the general ward Saturday, he said, adding that the two pilots were also likely to be moved.
Munda`s wife Meera is in ICU at her request as she wants to stay close to her husband.
All six occupants of the helicopter sustained spinal injuries when it crash landed Thursday morning in Ranchi. Munda also fractured his right ankle.
Munda was on his way to Saraikela Kharsawa district to participate in a programme when the helicopter developed a technical snag and had to return to Ranchi.
The chopper landed from a height of about 25 feet and toppled over.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Inactivated Polio Vaccine (IPV): A new tool in the fight against polio – Watch to know more about it!
- Planning a trip to USA? Check out top 5 attractions for a family holiday this summer!
- One killed in Sydney mall shooting
- Eva Mendes' brother Carlos loses cancer battle
- Swamy challenges expunging of comments in RS