Munda works from ICU, legislator discharged
Ranchi: A day after he suffered multiple injuries in a chopper crash, Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Friday resumed official work from his hospital bed, officials said.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislator Barkuwar Gagarai, who was with Munda in the helicopter and was also injured, was meanwhile discharged.
"Munda started limited official work Friday. He is recovering well," P.D. Sinha of Ranchi Apollo Hospital told reporters.
"Gagari has been discharged," he added.
Sinha said more medical reports of Munda and the others who were injured will be sent to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences.
"The line of treatment suggested by AIIMS doctors are similar to our line of treatment," he said.
Munda is likely to be shifted from the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) to the general ward Saturday, he said, adding that the two pilots were also likely to be moved.
Munda`s wife Meera is in ICU at her request as she wants to stay close to her husband.
All six occupants of the helicopter sustained spinal injuries when it crash landed Thursday morning in Ranchi. Munda also fractured his right ankle.
Munda was on his way to Saraikela Kharsawa district to participate in a programme when the helicopter developed a technical snag and had to return to Ranchi.
The chopper landed from a height of about 25 feet and toppled over.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Zee Media Exclusive: BJP will do better than 2014 in 2019 General Elections, says Rajnath Singh
- French prosecutor considering Qatar 2022 World Cup investigation
- Japanese investors keen to invest in India's infra growth story: Arun Jaitley
- PM Narendra Modi's mother given Nari Jagran Samman 2016 award
- Haryana Jats to renew job quota protests from June 5