Munda works from ICU, legislator discharged
Ranchi: A day after he suffered multiple injuries in a chopper crash, Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Friday resumed official work from his hospital bed, officials said.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislator Barkuwar Gagarai, who was with Munda in the helicopter and was also injured, was meanwhile discharged.
"Munda started limited official work Friday. He is recovering well," P.D. Sinha of Ranchi Apollo Hospital told reporters.
"Gagari has been discharged," he added.
Sinha said more medical reports of Munda and the others who were injured will be sent to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences.
"The line of treatment suggested by AIIMS doctors are similar to our line of treatment," he said.
Munda is likely to be shifted from the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) to the general ward Saturday, he said, adding that the two pilots were also likely to be moved.
Munda`s wife Meera is in ICU at her request as she wants to stay close to her husband.
All six occupants of the helicopter sustained spinal injuries when it crash landed Thursday morning in Ranchi. Munda also fractured his right ankle.
Munda was on his way to Saraikela Kharsawa district to participate in a programme when the helicopter developed a technical snag and had to return to Ranchi.
The chopper landed from a height of about 25 feet and toppled over.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) TNBSE Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?