Munda`s action against 2 BJP leaders dictatorial: Sahai
Ranchi: Alleging Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda has a dictatorial attitude towards his own party men, Union Tourism Minister Subodh Kant Sahai today said this was apparent from the BJP`s action against two of its senior leaders for `speaking` against Jharkhand government`s anti-encroachment drive.
"Action was taken against the two leaders as they had expressed concern for the displaced people. This shows the dictatorial tendency of Chief Minister Arjun Munda," Sahai told newsmen here.
The state unit of the BJP had yesterday removed senior party leader Sanjay Seth from his post of spokesperson and suspended former MLA Chandres Oraon.
"This is what happens there (BJP) when people call a spade a spade," the Congress leader claimed.
Oraon was suspended for anti-party activities, the party?s state unit president Dineshanand Goswami said yesterday, but did not specify why Seth was removed from his post.
Seth said "may be, some people did not like mystatements in favour of the poor who lost their dwellings following the anti-encroachment drive."
Slamming the Munda government for putting onus on theHigh Court for the administration`s demolition drive, Sahai claimed the court had never said to displace people without rehabilitating them.
"On April 1 this year, it was the government which hadinformed the court that all district administrations had been asked to take up the anti-encroachment drive. So why the chief minister is attributing this to High Court," Sahai claimed.
Under attack from the Opposition following the twin police firing incidents in Ranchi and Dhanbad that left six people dead last month, the ruling coalition leaders have been insisting that the demolition drive has been taken up on the
directive of the High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- WATCH: PRODIGY! This 11-year-old from Odisha slum will now train at Bayern Munich
- Turkey will give full support to operation to retake Syria's Jarablus from Islamic State: Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu
- WATCH: What is PV Sindhu's equation with Saina Nehwal? Her reply will surprise you
- Iraq executions carried out without proper trial, fuelled by vengeance: UN
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report