Myriad challenges before Arjun Munda govt
Ranchi: Myriad challenges await BJP leader Arjun Munda who is all set to be sworn in as Jharkhand chief minister.
AJSU leader Sudesh Mahto, who is tipped to be a deputy chief minister, said "The biggest challenge before us is to give stability to the coalition, and if we can do it, 50 per cent of issues will be solved automatically."
The second most challenging task will be to prevent large-scale migration from Jharkhand following the two back-to-back years of drought. "The drought situation in the state is worse and has forced people to migrate in search of jobs. We have to address
the problem by creating jobs."
The long pending panchayat elections, he said, is another burning issue. Jharkhand is the only state where rural polls, last held over three decades ago when the state was part of
Bihar, have not yet been taken up after its creation in 2000.
On Naxal problem, Mahto said the new government will have to keep an eye on law and order front too. On investments, he said, "We have to create a conducive atmosphere while keeping the interests of the people in mind."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- IIT-Guwahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list