Myriad challenges before Arjun Munda govt
Ranchi: Myriad challenges await BJP leader Arjun Munda who is all set to be sworn in as Jharkhand chief minister.
AJSU leader Sudesh Mahto, who is tipped to be a deputy chief minister, said "The biggest challenge before us is to give stability to the coalition, and if we can do it, 50 per cent of issues will be solved automatically."
The second most challenging task will be to prevent large-scale migration from Jharkhand following the two back-to-back years of drought. "The drought situation in the state is worse and has forced people to migrate in search of jobs. We have to address
the problem by creating jobs."
The long pending panchayat elections, he said, is another burning issue. Jharkhand is the only state where rural polls, last held over three decades ago when the state was part of
Bihar, have not yet been taken up after its creation in 2000.
On Naxal problem, Mahto said the new government will have to keep an eye on law and order front too. On investments, he said, "We have to create a conducive atmosphere while keeping the interests of the people in mind."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman