Narendra Modi has no development concept: Govindacharya
Ranchi: Former BJP leader KN Govindacharya on Sunday said Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi did not have any "concept for development" and the state had benefited from its geographical advantage.
"Narendra Modi has no development conception at all. Development means it should reach the last person of the society," Govindacharya said, indicating Gujarat still lagged behind in all-round development.
"Besides, Gujarat has also geographical and natural advantage and coastal belt," he said in an obvious reference that traditionally the state has been a developed state.
Replying to media queries here, the founder of Rashtriya Swabhiman Andolan was rhetoric when asked his choice on next prime ministerial candidate saying, "Let there be a lottery."
Backing Anna Hazare, Yoga guru Ramdev and Arvind Kejriwal in their fight against corruption, Govindacharya warned that democracy and its wings could be in danger if political parties failed to take up economic issues based on traditional Indian ideals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’