Narendra Modi has no development concept: Govindacharya
Ranchi: Former BJP leader KN Govindacharya on Sunday said Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi did not have any "concept for development" and the state had benefited from its geographical advantage.
"Narendra Modi has no development conception at all. Development means it should reach the last person of the society," Govindacharya said, indicating Gujarat still lagged behind in all-round development.
"Besides, Gujarat has also geographical and natural advantage and coastal belt," he said in an obvious reference that traditionally the state has been a developed state.
Replying to media queries here, the founder of Rashtriya Swabhiman Andolan was rhetoric when asked his choice on next prime ministerial candidate saying, "Let there be a lottery."
Backing Anna Hazare, Yoga guru Ramdev and Arvind Kejriwal in their fight against corruption, Govindacharya warned that democracy and its wings could be in danger if political parties failed to take up economic issues based on traditional Indian ideals.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- After Uyghur activist Dolkun Isa, India cancels visa of Tiananmen activist Lu Jinghua
- MUST WATCH: Amazing speech by BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu blasting Congress
- Sony swings to $1.4 bn annual profit as PlayStation sales soar
- Centre, CBSE propose NEET schedule; exam may be conducted in two phases
- North Korea's mid-range missile launch appears to have failed