Narendra Modi has no development concept: Govindacharya
Ranchi: Former BJP leader KN Govindacharya on Sunday said Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi did not have any "concept for development" and the state had benefited from its geographical advantage.
"Narendra Modi has no development conception at all. Development means it should reach the last person of the society," Govindacharya said, indicating Gujarat still lagged behind in all-round development.
"Besides, Gujarat has also geographical and natural advantage and coastal belt," he said in an obvious reference that traditionally the state has been a developed state.
Replying to media queries here, the founder of Rashtriya Swabhiman Andolan was rhetoric when asked his choice on next prime ministerial candidate saying, "Let there be a lottery."
Backing Anna Hazare, Yoga guru Ramdev and Arvind Kejriwal in their fight against corruption, Govindacharya warned that democracy and its wings could be in danger if political parties failed to take up economic issues based on traditional Indian ideals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials