Narendra Modi will now seek wife, says Jharkhand minister
Ranchi: BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, now seeking iron scrap from the people for the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel statue, will one day seek a wife from the common people, a Jharkhand minister said Monday, creating a political row.
"Earlier, the BJP were seeking bricks (to build the temple in Ayodhya). Now Modi is seeking iron (for the Patel statue). Later, he will seek gold, and a time will come when he will seek a wife from the people. Modi is a `bewa` (widower)," Animal Husbandry and Fisheries Minister Mannan Mallick told reporters in Dhanbad.
State Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Rabindra Rai has demanded the immediate removal of the minister.
"The minister is mentally sick and Chief Minister Hemant Soren should remove him from the cabinet. How can a mentally sick person work as minister," Rai told a news agency.
The Jharkhand Congress has also disowned the statement made by the minister, a member of the party.
"We have come to know about the statement. We disown the minister`s statement and there is no place for such language in politics," Jharkhand Congress spokesperson Shailesh Sinha said.
On Sunday, Modi addressed a "Vijay Sankalp" rally in Ranchi and blamed the Congress for the miserable condition of the state.
The Jharkhand Congress Monday sought an apology from the Modi and the BJP for his comment.
"The BJP ruled for 10 of the 13 years of formation of the state. The misrule of BJP in the state is responsible for the misery of the state. Modi and BJP should apologise to the people," Jharkhand Congress president Sukhdeo Bhagat said in a press conference Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui