National Games: Oppn demands white paper on expenditure
Ranchi: The Opposition in Jharkhand
Assembly on Tuesday demanded for a white paper on the expenditure
over constructions of a mega sports complex and other expenses
incurred during the recently concluded National Games.
Participating in the debate on motion of thanks over
governor`s speech, Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) MLA
Pradip Yadav raised the issue and demanded a detailed
statement on the expenditure.
Later, Yadav told reporters that he had demanded for a
white paper to know the exact expenditure as approach roads
had been constructed at least twice in the run up to the
Games, particularly in the wake of the ongoing vigilance probe
into alleged financial irregularities.
Rejecting Yadav`s demand, state HRD minister Baijnath
Ram told newsmen that the Opposition should worry about what
had happened in the Commonwealth Games.
As the host of 34th National Games, Jharkhand got huge
praise from all quarters in successfully organising the games,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged