Naxal commander held in Jharkhand`s Gumla
Ranchi: Security forces on Sunday apprehended a Naxal commander with arms and ammunition from the Maoist violence affected Gumla district of Jharkhand.
Gulab Khatri was apprehended when a squad of security forces led by paramilitary CRPF along with state police was out for an operation in the Jorag forests in Raidih of the district.
Officials said he is Sub-Zonal PLFI commander of the red ultras active in the area.
Fourteen rounds of ammunition and a pistol wer recovered from Khatri, who has been handed over to local police, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video