Naxalite held, landmines recovered in Jharkhand
Gumla: A hardcore Maoist was
arrested and three landmines were recovered today from
different areas of Jharkhand, where the five-phased assembly
polls are currently underway, police said.
The Maoist, identified as Joseph, was arrested from a
village in Gumla district during a combing operation by CRPF
personnel, they said, adding he was an expert in making IEDs.
In a separate incident, security personnel recovered
three powerful landmines from Bidir village of Latehar
district which were later defused.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference