Naxalite held, landmines recovered in Jharkhand
Gumla: A hardcore Maoist was
arrested and three landmines were recovered today from
different areas of Jharkhand, where the five-phased assembly
polls are currently underway, police said.
The Maoist, identified as Joseph, was arrested from a
village in Gumla district during a combing operation by CRPF
personnel, they said, adding he was an expert in making IEDs.
In a separate incident, security personnel recovered
three powerful landmines from Bidir village of Latehar
district which were later defused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000