Naxals trigger IED blasts in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Naxals triggered a number of IED blasts during a fierce encounter with security forces in Jharkhand`s West Singhbhum district this afternoon.
CRPF jawam and another belonging to state police were injured in the encounter and they have been evacuated out of the dense jungles under Taran posi police station area, sources said.
"The troops surrounded the Naxals after gathering specific intelligence about their presence since the wee hours on Saturday. The encounter in the Saranda jungles of the district is still on," CRPF spokesperson Ajay Chaturvedi said.
A large number of police and paramilitary personnel drawn from the CRPF, its specialised anti-naxal unit SAF, Jharkhand police`s special counter-naxal force Jaguar and the Jharkhand Armed police have surrounded the area which is on the border of Jharkhand, Orrisa and West Bengal.
The Naxals triggered a number of IED blasts, sources said, adding heavy exchange of fire was continuing when reports last came in.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why