Naxals trigger IED blasts in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Naxals triggered a number of IED blasts during a fierce encounter with security forces in Jharkhand`s West Singhbhum district this afternoon.
CRPF jawam and another belonging to state police were injured in the encounter and they have been evacuated out of the dense jungles under Taran posi police station area, sources said.
"The troops surrounded the Naxals after gathering specific intelligence about their presence since the wee hours on Saturday. The encounter in the Saranda jungles of the district is still on," CRPF spokesperson Ajay Chaturvedi said.
A large number of police and paramilitary personnel drawn from the CRPF, its specialised anti-naxal unit SAF, Jharkhand police`s special counter-naxal force Jaguar and the Jharkhand Armed police have surrounded the area which is on the border of Jharkhand, Orrisa and West Bengal.
The Naxals triggered a number of IED blasts, sources said, adding heavy exchange of fire was continuing when reports last came in.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use