New Chief Justice of Jharkhand HC takes oath
Ranchi: Justice R Banumathi on Saturday took oath as the Chief Justice of Jharkhand High Court.
She was administered the oath by Governor Syed Ahmed at the Raj Bhavan here.
The 58-year-old Chief Justice succeeded Justice Prakash Chandra Tatia, who retired recently, and Justice D N Patel was functioning as the acting Chief Justice of the High Court.
She was elevated as a judge of the Madras High Court in 2003.
Chief Minister Hemant Soren and other dignitaries were present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH