New chief justice of Jharkhand HC
New Delhi: Justice R Bhanumati was on Tuesday appointed as Chief Justice of Jharkhand High Court.
Justice Bhanumati (58) was so far a judge of the Madras High Court.
As a district judge, she had dealt with number of landmark cases and also headed one-man commission on police excess by STF in Chinnampathy village in Coimbatore district in 1995-1996.
She was elevated as judge of the Madras High Court in April, 2003 when she dealt with many important cases including a ban on Jallikattu or bull fight. The verdict paved the way for formulating regulations relating to Jallikattu.
She will take over from Justice Dhirubhai Naranbhai Patel, who was nominated as Acting Chief Justice of Jharkhand High Court in August.
The Law Ministry here also announced the elevation of additional judges -- Justices Bijoor Manohar, Hosahalli Sheshadri Kempanna and B S Indrakala -- as judges of Karnataka High Court.
In the Chhattisgarh High Court, the tenure of Additional Judges Prashant Kumar Mishra and Manindra Mohan Shrivastava has been extended for a period of two more years.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark