Night trains on key Jharkhand section resume
Ranchi: Night train services on the key Tata-Kharagpur section have resumed 19 months after a horrific rail crash in Jharkhand left 148 people dead, an official said.
The Purusottam Express, the Tata-Kharagpur passenger and other trains services were resumed Thursday night. The Purusottam Express left at 12.10 am and the Tata-Kharagpur train left at 12.40 am from the Tatanagar station.
Night trains were halted on the Tata-Kharagpur and Rourkela-Chakradhapur sections after the Gyneshwari train accident in May 2010.
Night train services on the Rourkela-Chakradhapur section were resumed on December 20, 2011.
The resumption of night train services has brought relief for the passengers.
"We had to face difficulties. The passengers had to wait the whole night at Tatanagar station. Now we are feeling relieved," said Santosh Kumar, a passenger.
The night train services were to resume from December 13 last year, but this was put on hold due to security reasons.
Political parties like BJP and others on many occasions had disrupted train services to demand the resumption of night services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon