Nilekani all praise of Jharkhand CS
Ranchi: It was a difficult decision to relieve R S Sharma from the post of Director General of UIADI to take over as chief secretary of Jharkhand but it was done in the larger interest, UIADI Chairman Nandan Nilekani said on Tuesday.
"Sharma has done a great work for UIADI as its Director General. It was a very difficult decision to relieve him (from the job). But for the larger interest of Jharkhand we have relieved him," Nilekani said at a press conference here.
"I used to call him ten times a day. Now we are missing him. Please give him 200 per cent support in carrying out his works here," he said in the presence of Sharma.
Nilekani`s statement holds significance in the face of Jharkhand having seen eight governments and three stints of President`s rule in just about 12 years following political instability.
Sharma, who took over as the CS on March 31 at a time when Jharkhand is under President`s rule, pledged his commitment to accelerate Aadhaar enrolments, its application and scaling up.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!