Nilekani all praise of Jharkhand CS
Ranchi: It was a difficult decision to relieve R S Sharma from the post of Director General of UIADI to take over as chief secretary of Jharkhand but it was done in the larger interest, UIADI Chairman Nandan Nilekani said on Tuesday.
"Sharma has done a great work for UIADI as its Director General. It was a very difficult decision to relieve him (from the job). But for the larger interest of Jharkhand we have relieved him," Nilekani said at a press conference here.
"I used to call him ten times a day. Now we are missing him. Please give him 200 per cent support in carrying out his works here," he said in the presence of Sharma.
Nilekani`s statement holds significance in the face of Jharkhand having seen eight governments and three stints of President`s rule in just about 12 years following political instability.
Sharma, who took over as the CS on March 31 at a time when Jharkhand is under President`s rule, pledged his commitment to accelerate Aadhaar enrolments, its application and scaling up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan