Nine extremists surrender in Jharkhand
Khunti (Jharkhand): Nine extremists, including two belonging to the CPI (Maoist) and a self-styled zonal commander of the People’s Liberation Front of India, Monday surrendered with arms in Khunti district.
Ranchi district SP Saket Kumar Singh said two Maoists and seven ultras of the People’s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) surrendered before IG, Police (Zonal) M S Bhatia, DIG Sheetal Oraon, Khunti Superintendent of Police M Tamilvanan, besides the Ranchi SSP.
All the surrendered, facing several Naxal-related cases in Ranchi, Khunti and other districts, were given Rs 50,000 each. They will also get other benefits they are entitled to receive as per the Jharkhand Surrender Policy.
The ultras were identified as Pandu Pahan, Indi Pahan (Maoists), Pankaj Munda (PLFI zonal commander), Sankarshan Sahu (PLFI area commander), Raj Kishore Mahato, B. Mahato, Kishore Munda, Shiv Narain Mahato and Daniel Lakra (all PLFI), the police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan