Nine extremists surrender in Jharkhand
Khunti (Jharkhand): Nine extremists, including two belonging to the CPI (Maoist) and a self-styled zonal commander of the People’s Liberation Front of India, Monday surrendered with arms in Khunti district.
Ranchi district SP Saket Kumar Singh said two Maoists and seven ultras of the People’s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) surrendered before IG, Police (Zonal) M S Bhatia, DIG Sheetal Oraon, Khunti Superintendent of Police M Tamilvanan, besides the Ranchi SSP.
All the surrendered, facing several Naxal-related cases in Ranchi, Khunti and other districts, were given Rs 50,000 each. They will also get other benefits they are entitled to receive as per the Jharkhand Surrender Policy.
The ultras were identified as Pandu Pahan, Indi Pahan (Maoists), Pankaj Munda (PLFI zonal commander), Sankarshan Sahu (PLFI area commander), Raj Kishore Mahato, B. Mahato, Kishore Munda, Shiv Narain Mahato and Daniel Lakra (all PLFI), the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof