Nine extremists surrender in Jharkhand
Khunti (Jharkhand): Nine extremists, including two belonging to the CPI (Maoist) and a self-styled zonal commander of the People’s Liberation Front of India, Monday surrendered with arms in Khunti district.
Ranchi district SP Saket Kumar Singh said two Maoists and seven ultras of the People’s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) surrendered before IG, Police (Zonal) M S Bhatia, DIG Sheetal Oraon, Khunti Superintendent of Police M Tamilvanan, besides the Ranchi SSP.
All the surrendered, facing several Naxal-related cases in Ranchi, Khunti and other districts, were given Rs 50,000 each. They will also get other benefits they are entitled to receive as per the Jharkhand Surrender Policy.
The ultras were identified as Pandu Pahan, Indi Pahan (Maoists), Pankaj Munda (PLFI zonal commander), Sankarshan Sahu (PLFI area commander), Raj Kishore Mahato, B. Mahato, Kishore Munda, Shiv Narain Mahato and Daniel Lakra (all PLFI), the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH