Nine more convicted in multi-crore fodder scam
Ranchi: A special CBI court today found nine
fodder scam accused, including an ex-regional director, guilty
of withdrawing Rs 50.37 lakh fraudulently from Hazaribagh
Treasury in the 1990s.
Special CBI Judge Bireshwar Jha Prabir sentenced a
supplier, Anil Kumar, to two-and-a-half years of rigorous
imprisonment and fined him Rs 40,000.
The court will pronounce the quantum of punishment
against the other eight convicts tomorrow.
A former regional director of the Animal Husbandry
Department, K N Singh and two other ex-officials of the AHD, B
B Prasad and K N Ram were among the nine convicted in the RC
This was the 35th of the 53 fodder scam cases to have
been ended in conviction since the Rs 950 crore scam was
unearthed in the 1990s in undivided Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof