Nine more convicted in multi-crore fodder scam
Ranchi: A special CBI court today found nine
fodder scam accused, including an ex-regional director, guilty
of withdrawing Rs 50.37 lakh fraudulently from Hazaribagh
Treasury in the 1990s.
Special CBI Judge Bireshwar Jha Prabir sentenced a
supplier, Anil Kumar, to two-and-a-half years of rigorous
imprisonment and fined him Rs 40,000.
The court will pronounce the quantum of punishment
against the other eight convicts tomorrow.
A former regional director of the Animal Husbandry
Department, K N Singh and two other ex-officials of the AHD, B
B Prasad and K N Ram were among the nine convicted in the RC
This was the 35th of the 53 fodder scam cases to have
been ended in conviction since the Rs 950 crore scam was
unearthed in the 1990s in undivided Bihar.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife