Nine sentenced to life imprisonment for murder in Jharkhand
Medininagar (Jharkhand): Nine persons have been sentenced to life imprisonment by the District and Sessions Court of Palamau for murdering a person five years ago.
District and Sessions Judge of Palamau J K Dubey convicted Biku Yadav, Shankar Chouhan, Virendra Chouhan, Jairam, Rajendra Singh, Ravindra Chouhan, Vijay Chouhan, Rakesh Singh and Rambachan Ram for murdering Pravin Kumar Singh over a land dispute at Kajibigha village on February 2009.
The judge sentenced the nine to life imprisonment yesterday.
After the murder of Pravin Kumar Singh, the police had lodged an FIR against the nine persons based on the statement of Singh`s wife Sabya Devi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- 'ISIS letter' in Varanasi challenges Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath to stop mayhem on March 24