Nine sentenced to life imprisonment for murder in Jharkhand
Medininagar (Jharkhand): Nine persons have been sentenced to life imprisonment by the District and Sessions Court of Palamau for murdering a person five years ago.
District and Sessions Judge of Palamau J K Dubey convicted Biku Yadav, Shankar Chouhan, Virendra Chouhan, Jairam, Rajendra Singh, Ravindra Chouhan, Vijay Chouhan, Rakesh Singh and Rambachan Ram for murdering Pravin Kumar Singh over a land dispute at Kajibigha village on February 2009.
The judge sentenced the nine to life imprisonment yesterday.
After the murder of Pravin Kumar Singh, the police had lodged an FIR against the nine persons based on the statement of Singh`s wife Sabya Devi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Atomic bomb survivors to attend Hiroshima event for Obama visit
- International Red Cross to help flood-stricken Sri Lanka
- Bipasha Basu's latest fashion summer hack will give you style goals – See pic
- Jharkhand plans to improve its education system
- As BJP celebrates two years in power, ally Shiv Sena says Modi govt 'a failure on many fronts'