Nine sentenced to life imprisonment for murder in Jharkhand
Medininagar (Jharkhand): Nine persons have been sentenced to life imprisonment by the District and Sessions Court of Palamau for murdering a person five years ago.
District and Sessions Judge of Palamau J K Dubey convicted Biku Yadav, Shankar Chouhan, Virendra Chouhan, Jairam, Rajendra Singh, Ravindra Chouhan, Vijay Chouhan, Rakesh Singh and Rambachan Ram for murdering Pravin Kumar Singh over a land dispute at Kajibigha village on February 2009.
The judge sentenced the nine to life imprisonment yesterday.
After the murder of Pravin Kumar Singh, the police had lodged an FIR against the nine persons based on the statement of Singh`s wife Sabya Devi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation