Nine sentenced to life imprisonment for murder in Jharkhand
Medininagar (Jharkhand): Nine persons have been sentenced to life imprisonment by the District and Sessions Court of Palamau for murdering a person five years ago.
District and Sessions Judge of Palamau J K Dubey convicted Biku Yadav, Shankar Chouhan, Virendra Chouhan, Jairam, Rajendra Singh, Ravindra Chouhan, Vijay Chouhan, Rakesh Singh and Rambachan Ram for murdering Pravin Kumar Singh over a land dispute at Kajibigha village on February 2009.
The judge sentenced the nine to life imprisonment yesterday.
After the murder of Pravin Kumar Singh, the police had lodged an FIR against the nine persons based on the statement of Singh`s wife Sabya Devi.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed