Nirupama death: Warrant against father, brother, boyfriend
Koderma: A local court on Saturday issued warrants against the boyfriend, father and brother of Delhi-based journalist Nirupama Pathak in connection with her death here on April 29 last year under mysterious circumstances.
Chief Judicial Magistrate, NK Agarwal, issued the warrant, four days after the police submitted before the court that it was a case of suicide and was allegedly abetted by her parents, brother and boyfriend Priyansu Ranjan.
Nirupama`s mother Sudha Pathak, who was arrested after the incident as the boyfriend accused the family of killing Pathak after opposing their marriage, is on bail.
She remained in judicial custody for three months before being granted bail as the police failed to file a chargesheet within the stipulated 90 days.
In its investigation report submitted to the court on March 01, the police said Pathak`s death was a case of suicide and was allegedly abetted by three of her family members and boyfriend.
The probe report suggested issuance of arrest warrants against Nirupama`s father Dharmendra Pathak, mother Sudha, brother Samarendra and boyfriend Priyansu Ranjan under section 306 (abetting the commission of suicide).
Koderma Superintendent of Police G Kranti Kumar has said investigation conducted at a forensic laboratory in Kolkata found that the suicide note was signed by Nirupama whose body was found at her native place at Chitra Gupta Nagar Colony at Jhumri Telaiya in Koderma on April 29 last year.
Initially, a case of murder was filed and Sudha Pathak was arrested but the forensic investigation and analysis of the suicide note by a handwriting expert, also in Kolkata, established that the note had been signed by Nirupama herself, the SP said on March 02.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review