`Nirupama was bolted in bathroom by family`
Darbhanga (Bihar): Journalist Nirupama
Pathak, suspected to have been killed for honour, had sent an
SMS to her boyfriend Priyabhanshu Ranjan on the day of her
death that her family members had locked her up in a bathroom,
Ranjan`s father claimed on Sunday.
"My son had informed me on the day Nirupama died that
he received an SMS from Nirupama that her mother, father and
brother have bolted her inside a bathroom in their house,"
Ranjan`s father Ramashankar Kanth said.
This provided enough indications that she has been
murdered by her own family members, Kanth said.
Her family members were levelling false charges against
Ranjan "in order to save their skins", he said, expressing
shock at the registration of a case of rape and abatement to
suicide against his son.
"My son is innocent. He is in no way involved in the
case," Kanth, a resident of Kaiderabad Mohalla in Bihar`s
Darbhanga town, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok