`Nirupama was bolted in bathroom by family`
Darbhanga (Bihar): Journalist Nirupama
Pathak, suspected to have been killed for honour, had sent an
SMS to her boyfriend Priyabhanshu Ranjan on the day of her
death that her family members had locked her up in a bathroom,
Ranjan`s father claimed on Sunday.
"My son had informed me on the day Nirupama died that
he received an SMS from Nirupama that her mother, father and
brother have bolted her inside a bathroom in their house,"
Ranjan`s father Ramashankar Kanth said.
This provided enough indications that she has been
murdered by her own family members, Kanth said.
Her family members were levelling false charges against
Ranjan "in order to save their skins", he said, expressing
shock at the registration of a case of rape and abatement to
suicide against his son.
"My son is innocent. He is in no way involved in the
case," Kanth, a resident of Kaiderabad Mohalla in Bihar`s
Darbhanga town, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- WikiLeaks to release 'significant' material on Clinton
- Fernando Alonso praises McLaren as Honda introduce engine upgrades
- Want to get rid of nail biting habit? Try these ways!
- ''Russia pondering alternative games for banned paralympians''
- Mercury's peculiar surface a mystery no more; NASA scientists solve the puzzle!