`Nirupama was bolted in bathroom by family`
Darbhanga (Bihar): Journalist Nirupama
Pathak, suspected to have been killed for honour, had sent an
SMS to her boyfriend Priyabhanshu Ranjan on the day of her
death that her family members had locked her up in a bathroom,
Ranjan`s father claimed on Sunday.
"My son had informed me on the day Nirupama died that
he received an SMS from Nirupama that her mother, father and
brother have bolted her inside a bathroom in their house,"
Ranjan`s father Ramashankar Kanth said.
This provided enough indications that she has been
murdered by her own family members, Kanth said.
Her family members were levelling false charges against
Ranjan "in order to save their skins", he said, expressing
shock at the registration of a case of rape and abatement to
suicide against his son.
"My son is innocent. He is in no way involved in the
case," Kanth, a resident of Kaiderabad Mohalla in Bihar`s
Darbhanga town, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Russian athletics mess: Gloom and anger for athletes due to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- BSP workers hold protest, demand arrest of Dayashankar Singh
- BJP has no CM candidate in UP: Digvijaya
- Mamata flays PM Modi for destroying federalism, growing 'saffronisation'
- No country can put itself opposite NPT: China