Nitish demands imposition of President`s rule in Jharkhand
Katihar (Bihar): Bihar Chief Minister,
Nitish Kumar on Friday demanded imposition of President`s rule in
Jharkhand to prepare ground for a fresh assembly poll in the
"Jharkhand should be brought under the President`s rule
and a fresh assembly polls be held to enable the people to
give fresh mandate," he told reporters here.
He said President`s rule would rid the state of the
ongoing unethical tussel by some political parties to gain
power in Jharkhand, Kumar said.
Kumar also disapproved BJP`s repeated bids for power in
Jharkhand over the past one month and said that the saffron
party should have stuck to its decision to withdraw support to
the JMM-led coalition government headed by the Chief Minister,
Shibu Soren after the cut motion in Parliament.
The chief minister, who has been riled by his adversaries
for taking out `Vishwas Yatra` to highlight and review the
performance of his government, defended his decision saying
visits to the districts had helped him ensure implementation
of the policies and programmes launched by the NDA government
in the past four and a half years.
In a bid to establish a personal rapport with the local
people, Kumar visited the house of a girl Khushboo, who stood
second in the merit list in the matriculation examination the
results of which were announced a fews days ago. He presented
her Rs 25,000 and some books.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown