No evidence to link Kripashankar Singh with Koda scam: ED
Mumbai: No evidence of financial dealings
between former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda and
Mumbai Congress chief Kripashankar Singh has yet surfaced, the
Enforcement Directorate (ED) said today.
ED today filed an affidavit in the Bombay High Court,
in a PIL which alleges that Singh was involved in alleged
financial wrongdoings of Koda.
"In the searches carried out by the ED, no direct
evidence which involves any financial linkage between Madhu
Koda and Singh has come to light," the affidavit filed by Anil
G Wasnik, assistant director, ED, says.
As Koda`s alleged wrongdoings are already under
investigation, the present PIL, filed by one Sanjay Tiwari, is
"premature", the affidavit states.
The PIL has sought constitution of a special
investigating team (SIT) to probe alleged accumulation of
unaccounted wealth by Singh -- a former Maharashtra minister
--and his family members.
It alleges that Singh was very close to Koda, who was
arrested under Prevention of Money Laundering Act.
Despite the evidence linking them Singh was not
questioned, it alleges.
At the last hearing, Income Tax department and Anti
Corruption Bureau had told the High Court that probe into
alleged disproportionate assets of Singh -- as alleged by
petitioner -- is underway. Next hearing of case is on August
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi