No evidence to link Kripashankar Singh with Koda scam: ED
Mumbai: No evidence of financial dealings
between former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda and
Mumbai Congress chief Kripashankar Singh has yet surfaced, the
Enforcement Directorate (ED) said today.
ED today filed an affidavit in the Bombay High Court,
in a PIL which alleges that Singh was involved in alleged
financial wrongdoings of Koda.
"In the searches carried out by the ED, no direct
evidence which involves any financial linkage between Madhu
Koda and Singh has come to light," the affidavit filed by Anil
G Wasnik, assistant director, ED, says.
As Koda`s alleged wrongdoings are already under
investigation, the present PIL, filed by one Sanjay Tiwari, is
"premature", the affidavit states.
The PIL has sought constitution of a special
investigating team (SIT) to probe alleged accumulation of
unaccounted wealth by Singh -- a former Maharashtra minister
--and his family members.
It alleges that Singh was very close to Koda, who was
arrested under Prevention of Money Laundering Act.
Despite the evidence linking them Singh was not
questioned, it alleges.
At the last hearing, Income Tax department and Anti
Corruption Bureau had told the High Court that probe into
alleged disproportionate assets of Singh -- as alleged by
petitioner -- is underway. Next hearing of case is on August
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened