No industrialisation at gunpoint: Hemant Soren
Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren has said that industrialisation would not take place at gunpoint.
"Industrialisation cannot take place at gunpoint," Soren said on Tuesday night, referring to police firing on people protesting the construction of an NTPC power plant at Keredari in Hazaribagh district in Jharkhand.
Soren visited the injured in Rajendra Institute of Medical Science (RIMS) here and said: "Anyone found guilty in the firing will not be spared."
Villagers said men working for the plant`s contractor attacked them. When they retaliated, the workers took refuge with policemen, who opened fire.
Left parties have called a shutdown in Hazaribagh and Ramgarh districts on Wednesday. A BJP team led by former chief minister Arjun Munda met locals in Hazaribagh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections