No industrialisation at gunpoint: Hemant Soren
Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren has said that industrialisation would not take place at gunpoint.
"Industrialisation cannot take place at gunpoint," Soren said on Tuesday night, referring to police firing on people protesting the construction of an NTPC power plant at Keredari in Hazaribagh district in Jharkhand.
Soren visited the injured in Rajendra Institute of Medical Science (RIMS) here and said: "Anyone found guilty in the firing will not be spared."
Villagers said men working for the plant`s contractor attacked them. When they retaliated, the workers took refuge with policemen, who opened fire.
Left parties have called a shutdown in Hazaribagh and Ramgarh districts on Wednesday. A BJP team led by former chief minister Arjun Munda met locals in Hazaribagh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman