No industrialisation at gunpoint: Hemant Soren
Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren has said that industrialisation would not take place at gunpoint.
"Industrialisation cannot take place at gunpoint," Soren said on Tuesday night, referring to police firing on people protesting the construction of an NTPC power plant at Keredari in Hazaribagh district in Jharkhand.
Soren visited the injured in Rajendra Institute of Medical Science (RIMS) here and said: "Anyone found guilty in the firing will not be spared."
Villagers said men working for the plant`s contractor attacked them. When they retaliated, the workers took refuge with policemen, who opened fire.
Left parties have called a shutdown in Hazaribagh and Ramgarh districts on Wednesday. A BJP team led by former chief minister Arjun Munda met locals in Hazaribagh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre