No irregularity or deviation from process of sub-leasing: Tata
Jamshedpur: Tata Steel on Friday clarified that
there has been no "irregularities or deviation" from the
process of sub-leasing, as laid down in the lease document
signed between the Jharkhand Government and Tata Steel on 20th
"We would like to place on record that there has been no
irregularity or deviation from the process of sub-leasing, as
laid down in the Lease document signed between the Government
of Jharkhand and Tata Steel on 20 August 2005," a Tata Steel
press statement said here.
"Land lease was a statutory and perpetual lease, to be
renewed every 30 years," the statement said adding "that
Clause 8 of this lease provided for sub-leasing with a view
for further development of town, in interest of the public as
well as industries."
The process of sub-leasing was through an `Appropriate
Machinery Committee` (AMC) which has been set-up vide Clause
8. The AMC comprises 5 members three from the Government and
two from Tata Steel. The Deputy Commissioner of East Singhbhum
is Chairperson of this Committee, it said.
All proposals for sub-lease were received by the company
and scrutinized in light of factors, which were relevant for
development of the industry and the township.
Proposals acceptable by the Company were forwarded to AMC, which
recommends those to the state Government after due discussion
and diligence. The state government (Revenue department) does
its own enquiry before finally approving these sub-leases, the
"Out of 354 applications received, the Company has
recommended 94 of them for sub-lease and 60 sub-leases have
received approval from the State Government," it said.
Earlier, the state assembly had to be adjourned twice on
Wednesday last after opposition parties including Jharkhand
Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik) raised the Lease renewal issue and
demanded for a CBI probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali